Monday, January 14, 2013

#6 What is the hardest thing you have ever had to experience?

There is not doubt in my mind what the answer to this is.  Death is always really hard for me.  It always gets me thinking and wondering and then I finally decide that I will one day find out myself.  Hopefully later than sooner.  There is nothing I can do about it so I should not waste time worrying about it.  God has a plan for us and he will take care of us in the end.

The hardest thing that I have ever had to experience was the death of our best friend.  Louis was more than just a best friend.  He was at our house every night.  He treated my kids like they were his own.  He loved going fishing with us. He loved making Mexican food for us which was great since I hate to cook.  We knew everything about him.  He even had a long distance relationship and he would have his girl on speaker so that she could be in conversations with us.  We would have towel flipping fights and air soft gun fights and on the 4th of July he would always go in on fireworks with us so that we could have the best show in the neighborhood.  He was always trying a new diet that he was so proud of yet when we would go out to eat he would always order a piece of chocolate cake which he wanted before his meal so that he was sure to enjoy it.  He lived with his mom and he would have to buy his own toilet paper and hide it because otherwise there would be none when he needed it.
I remember Terrance coming home from the canyon one day telling me about the horrible accident that they passed coming home.  Someone was going to get the worst news of their life that day because there was one person covered in a sheet.  They had been hit head on by another impatient driver who could not wait for the car in front of them to turn the driver went around the truck and trailer and in to oncoming traffic where they collided.
Later that night I was watching the news and T was out.  They brought up the accident and said that Louis Sosa of Orem was killed in the accident.  My heart stopped but when I heard them say Orem I was relieved because Louie was from Provo not Orem.  My phone rang and it was T's brother asking if we had heard from Louis that day.  He was also watching the news.  T came home at that time.  I ran out the door and told him that Louie was dead.  He did not believe me.  I reminded him of the accident and that Louis had told us that he was going to go fishing at Strawberry that day.  He jumped in the truck got Scott and they went to Louis's house to find out if it was true.  Unfortunately it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment