Monday, January 14, 2013

#2 Name 3 legitimate fears you have and how they became fears.

I don't like to think of myself as being afraid of anything really. I am not afraid of spiders, snakes or anything like that.  At least not little things.  Lets see....

1. I am afraid of swimming in any lake with out shoes on.  I don't know why, it is not like I have ever been bit by a fish and there are no sharks or whales or anything.  I just have this total fear that a fish is going to come up and nibble on my toes.  Haven't you ever been swimming and had weeds or moss or something touch your foot and you just know that you are done, you are going to be drug right down to the bottom of the lake and eaten alive!

2. I am very afraid of setting out in the mountains by myself.  Crazy I know since I absolutely LOVE being in the mountains and I LOVE hunting.  Several reasons for this fear though.  They say that the wild animals will not bother you unless you startle them or they are really hungry or in between them and their babies.  One year while we were at our cabin I remember taking a ride on the 4-wheeler and coming across a hill top full of dead sheep.  It seems a cat or a bear or something had come through and killed them.  Just for fun!  Also, one time while we were archery hunting I was left to wait for some deer and it was getting dark.  I was squatting next to a tree and had a doe sneak up close to where I was hiding and start snorting because she could smell me.  I had no clue what it was but I didn't want to stick around and find out either.  Unfortunately I was frozen with fear until I saw what it was!

3.  I never realized that I was afraid to go places by myself but I am.  I always thought I just did not like being alone because I have never been alone really.  I am learning that really I am afraid of being alone.  When I am alone I always find myself locking every door behind me and every noise freaks me out.  Even going shopping alone I always get in the car and lock the doors and check the back seat.  I guess this just comes from all of the horrible things that go on around us every day.  I really should quit watching the news at night and just live life oblivious!  I'm sure it would be better that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment