Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kilynn

My sweet baby girl!  We had her parent teachers conference the day after Braydns.  She was told that Braydn got lectured by us for his talking during class and so she made sure that she gave us warning that we would probably get that same report from a few of her teachers too.  In return I let her know that she would probably be receiving the same lecture that her brother got then.  Her math teacher just loves her.  He teases her about boys and even her feet and how she will never get a boyfriend with them. (this is because she does not like to wear socks with her shoes which he and I both find really nasty!)   Needless to say she is doing so much better in math this year.  Her English teacher is great too.  He also loves her.  He gave us the run down about how there is a really obnoxious kid that sits by her that really likes to flirt.  He was explaining to her that she has permission to get after him and then come and tell him if the kid gets out of hand and crosses the line.  Mrs. Boyd is her life skills teacher.  I feel really sorry for her because she not only has Kilynn but she has Alyssa and one of the Roundy girls.  That is quite the combination.  She just laughed when I told her that and said that they make the class fun and they really aren't that bad.  She must have a lot of patients is all I can say. lol.  They are all cute girls but wow!  The only teacher I was not sure about is Ms. Hook the art teacher.  Yes she is the one that always told Jewish jokes and flip the bird jokes.  She was a little bit questionable.  She also gave out the grades at PTC on one of the really small sticky notes and I am talking like 1 x 2 inch stickys.  When I told her how much Braydn loved to draw and has always been good at it I got a lecture about how art is not just about drawing and just because he can draw does not make him good at art. She has told the kids that in her past life she was a tree and some kind of animal.  She also would get out her guitar with no strings and "play" songs and sing for them.  Holy Hell...  Thank goodness we received a note just yesterday that she is no longer teaching there and that they are in the process of hiring a new art teacher.
So Kilynn is really doing well and I am very proud of her!
Dance has been nuts this year too.  Kilynn made Company and we were all so excited.  This year has turned out crazy.  The teachers are really pushing them with some hard choreography which a lot of the girls are doing really well with but there are those few... Competitions start this month and I'm sure that they would be ready except that the building where they were dancing on Saturdays was bought out and we were told that we could no longer use it.  We were told this on Thursday.  The studio is just not really large enough for all of the girls. Denna has finally found us a studio to use but it is in Orem.  I guess it could be worse right?  
Kilynn tried out for the Dixon's got talent show that they are having and unfortunately she did not make it.  She is not happy about the whole deal.  I understand that the room that they did the try outs in was not the greatest for a dance especially like hers.  She really didn't have time to edit a bit of the choreography which I'm sure didn't help either.  We all think she has a really cute bum and she can definitely move it which is probably not the greatest thing for a bunch of teenage boys to see!  I think I am glad that she didn't make it this time.  There is always next year!  She is such an amazing dancer that I am sure she will make it next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment