Oh where to begin! I guess I should start with T's Lasik. When we walked in to the office they gave T some eye drops and told him to put them in his eyes every 5-10 minutes while we were waiting. He got so nervous that he was putting them in more like every 3-5 minutes. They took him back and did a couple more tests and then we finally got to meet the surgeon. He took us in and looked over T's papers carefully and then proceeded to tell him that he is pretty far sited and that a lot of Dr's would probably turn him away but he was confident and said that he had done much stronger prescriptions but he said that there was a 1 in 3 or possibly a 1 in 2 chance that T would have to go back in for a touch up. He said that he would over correct it a little so he would be a little near sighted for a while but it should regress and be just right. The process was quick and painless. They gave him his list of instructions and his nice safety glasses and sent him on his way. He was disappointed on the way home because everyone that we had talked to said that they could see better right after the surgery but he couldn't see anything. He did everything by the book for longer than he was told to. He went in for his next day apt. and was told that he had the shower curtain effect which meant that he had fluid under his flap causing the flap to ripple like a shower curtain and making his vision blurry but that would go away and he should be good. At his one week appointment he was told that he is very near sighted now but he would have to wait 3-6 months for his eyes to stabilize enough to see if he would need a touch up. How frustrating. His vision is so much worse than it was before and there is just nothing he can do about it but wait 3-6 months. I really hope it does clear up soon!
Kilynn had her first dance competition last weekend. It was fun and she was so nice to me this time I was really surprised. Usually she gets with all of her friends and turns in to a child from hell! Everything was going really good until after they did their second dance and had one to go. I guess when she did the flip in her dance she must have landed funny on her foot. I was out trying to find food and she called me and asked me to please come back to the room. When I got there she had been crying. I asked her what happened and she said she had hurt her foot but didn't know how. I asked her to stand on it so I could look at it and when she did she about collapsed and the biggest tears I had ever seen just started rolling down her face. I was not quite sure what to do. She still had one dance left and she happened to have the solo part in it. The girls went out to practice and had to change the whole thing around to make up for Kilynn's part. They did a really good job! They did not do the best on any of the dances this time around but they have about 3 weeks to practice for the next competition and I know they will do better there!
Grandpa also had surgery on his eyes. His was for his cataract. They told him with out the surgery he would be blind in just a couple of years. His went smooth and he was seeing just great until Monday night. He said everything was going a little blurry and Tuesday he couldn't see much at all. After a huge go around with the Dr's office they finally got a hold of the Dr. who said she needed to see him right away. They got him in and determined that it was 2 of the prescriptions were irritating his eye and he needed to discontinue them. Phew... Glad it was nothing more than that!
Grandma was also put in the hospital for a couple of days. They told her that it was her colon and then at her follow up appointment she found out that she also has gall stones that need to come out. She is finally feeling a little bit better and does not go in to meet with her surgeon until April 5th.
I sure hope that everything turns around quick. I am not sure that we can take much more of this bad stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment