Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Update on life!



FINALLY Kilynn broke it off with the boyfriend.  I was totally blind and had no idea what was going on with them.  I was so focused on the fact that she was staying out of trouble and out of the girl drama that is all around her.  Until I began seeing my happy, outgoing girl turn in to a sad depressed girl.  My girl that once would have loved going to all of the assemblies and participating in after school activities, going to dances and games and getting awesome grades, failing classes and only wanting to go and sit at the bf's house.  Not having any other friends because HE did not like them. Not wearing any make up or doing her hair cute any more or wearing the cute cloths that she has always loved.  Uggg.  how could I be so blind.  Thankfully she had Jerica in her life and felt comfortable telling her everything and let Jerica give her advise and of course she would listen to her because she is not the parent.  I should probably be hurt by the fact that my daughter didn't want to tell me everything. But I am not.  In fact I am quite satisfied just knowing that she does have somebody to talk to and give her advise and that I can just sit back and be the parent.  I also know that if there is something that I should know about Jerica can convince Kilynn that she should tell me and she will.

On another note.  My life has been so different lately.  Not sure why but it has.  Terrance has been a huge help with everything and he has been so much more positive.  He is so much better with the kids then he ever has been.  He is involved with everything that they do and he is even loving dance.  He has always been the kind of person who loves to help others but it really had to be his idea.  When Jerica opened the dance studio Kilynn was not going to attend because I didn't want her to get burned out on dance and I knew we would never be able to afford to pay for it.  I did agree to let her do the Stadium of Fire which is probably the start of it all.  The studio needed so much work and basically Jerica and William were the only ones that would be doing it. They had to put down the wood floor, hang mirrors, ballet barres, paint the back room and decorate and neither of them had done any of it before and William lived and worked and went to school in Salt Lake so he couldn't be there all of the time to help.
 Jerica would put posts up asking for help if anyone could do it and of course everyone sounded really excited and said they would be there but nobody ever showed up and always had an excuse for it.  Kilynn asked one day if we could go and help and so I decided that would be a great idea since so we went and helped.  Eventually T and Braydn came in and helped too.  We really got to know William and Jerica and we spent many late nights at the studio helping them so that the doors could open on time!  Kilynn spent most of her summer days at the studio helping Jerica teach and in return she was able to take the classes that she wanted to take.
I think it opened T's eyes and he really got to hear what an amazing daughter we have and how talented she is and it actually brought the two of them closer.
Kilynn now still spends quite a bit of time at the studio helping and it is one of my favorite places to go when I have had a bad day.  There is nothing that can make you feel as good as walking in to the studio and having the girls immediately run to you and give you a hug and offer you treats and just give you that big satisfying smile that can make your whole day!
Braydn has just grown in to such an awesome young man.  I will admit that I was quite disappointed that he would not be doing any sports this year but that disappointment faded quickly.  His grades are amazing just about strait A's in fact.  He spent most of his winter out duck hunting with his friend Alex who is a foreign exchange student from Germany.  He finally received his Eagle in scouts and now we are just preparing for the Court of Honor for that which will be held on March 30th.  He loves to go to the gym and work out and he has this passion for planting.  He had my mom get him a germination station for his birthday and he has been planting all of the seeds for the garden this year.  He has talked my dad in to letting him have a large space in the pasture to plant a large garden and his floral design teacher has told him that he will be able to earn summer agriculture credit if he plants and maintains the garden all summer.
His welding teacher tells him all of the time what an amazing welder he is and he would had him do a welding contest with one other kid to see who would be entering the welding tournament where he would represent Provo High.  He seems nervous about it but I'm sure he would do a great job.  He definitely got his patients from me! lol.   I just love my family.  I could not have ever asked for a better one!





No comments:

Post a Comment