Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What to do?

I know I always say it but life is crazy.  Kilynn is dancing her little heart out.  She also has a boyfriend and has had a boyfriend for the past 10 months.  I'm really not sure how I feel about that.  She is only 14 after all.  I asked my sister in law the other day how long her son had been dating his girlfriend and when she said 3 years I was kind of in shock.  After doing the math I realized that they were only 14 when they started dating.
 It is so hard to explain because T and I have been together since we were 16 and we are very happy and don't fight to often and I plan on being with him until "death do us part" but I just don't think that any kid should date the same person all through high school.  It really is great but so many people get divorced just because they never got the chance to see what goes on in the world.  What it is like to be with other people.  What it is like to go out and party and flirt and all of that kind of stuff.  You try doing it as couples but it just doesn't work because after being together and knowing that your partner has never been serious with any one else you tend to get a little jealous and start thinking "What if?"  If you make it past that stage then you are in the clear.  T and I did it.  It was tough for a while but we did it!
I think the hardest thing for me is that I abandoned all of my girl friends in high school.  We decided that we wouldn't have a line at our wedding so it was no big deal that I did not have any best friends for brides maids.  I see all of my old friends on FB always talking about going out to dinner with all of the girls or going on vacation with their bff's  from high school or being a brides maid in their bff's wedding and it kinda stings a little.  Ok it stings a lot!
I do have a bff but I am going to admit strait up that I am very jealous.  We were inseparable for the longest time.  They would come to our house several times a week.  We would go to dinner, haunted houses, parties all kinds of stuff. We would talk on the phone for hours or text all day long. Until she got prego.  I know it is not a bad thing. I was and still am very happy for them because I know it is something that they wanted terribly. I also LOVE that baby like you could never imagine.  I also know that I am very selfish for even thinking the way that I do but I miss them terribly!!!  I miss the phone calls and the texts,  I miss going out to dinner and having a drink on the weekends.  I miss dressing up for Halloween and having somebody to get crazy with on the dance floor.  I miss comparing dance notes and hoping that we get to go to the same competitions.  I miss it all because they are way to busy now and it really sucks!  I know they always say that we could go see them at their house but we have tried that several times and they are not home or they don't answer their phones.
Mikel got a new job in Salt Lake.  She tried to commute but that was not working so well and so she chose to sell her house and build one a little closer.  I guess I really can not blame her.  She will be much closer to her mom and her sister as well as her job.  Even though we don't see her all that often I know we are going to miss her.  She is an awesome neighbor and an awesome friend!
We have become pretty close to Jerica and William.  They are quite fun to hang around.  The fact that they are about 10 years younger than us is great because they make us feel much younger!  I absolutely love Jer because not only is she a friend to me but she is the sister that Kilynn never had but always wanted.  She is someone that she can tell her secrets to and Jer will give her advise and I totally trust her judgement and I know she will point her in the right direction.  Not only that but she has made Kilynn so much more responsible and she has built her self esteem up so much.  I love her for that!  I really feel for her though.  I am learning what bitches dance moms really can be.  Some of them are just not fair at all and they don't think before they open their mouths.  (Or their email programs for that matter)  I think Jerica is doing a great job and she is doing it smart.  Yes it is very expensive and that is very hard on the parents but she really is doing it the smart way by not burring herself in debt her first year and making the parents be more responsible.
I can't wait until competition season this year!  I think our girls are going to totally rock!
Ok enough whining from me for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment