Monday, July 9, 2012

My little Maycie

June 20, 2012  Maycie Myrna Hawkins was born at 4:11 pm.  She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 20 inches long.   Sarah decided to be induced that day.  I was so excited.  I told them to make sure that no matter what time it was I was to get a call since I had been invited to be in the delivery room when she was born.  Brandon text and said that they were supposed to check in to the hospital at 1 and so I told them to give me a call once she gets all checked in and situated and stuff starts happening.  I got that call around 3.  I was in no hurry since she had been induced I figured it would be hours before she really had her.  I got another call shortly after and Brandon said I had better hurry because they were going to give her the epidural and that she was going quick.  I got to the hospital just a short time later.  I watched her get her epidural and not a minute after the anesthesiologist left the room the nurse checked Sarah and kind of looked at us with wide eyes told Sarah not to push because she was ready and so she had to go get the doctor.  The Dr. came in put his gown on sat on his chair and told us that the baby had tons of dark hair.  Sarah was a little worried because her epidural had not taken full effect yet.  The dr. gave her a couple more minutes and then had Sarah push.  4 pushes later little Maycie was born.  She is so beautiful and the girls both just adore her.  Of course I am a little jealous because since she has been born I think I have talked to my best friend 3 times.  T has been sick and so I don't dare go around them and they have decided it would be best to keep her at home for a few weeks.  Hopefully they miss their best friends as much as we miss them.   On a good note my cute little Maddie does keep in touch!  I really miss that little girl too!

No comments:

Post a Comment