Monday, July 9, 2012

July

As most of you know July is my favorite month because of both the 4th of July and the 24th.  I hope that everyone takes at least a minute to think about their freedom and all of the sacrifices that people have made for us so that we can keep that freedom.  I love all of the fireworks and the fact that they go off between heaven and earth for all of us to see!  I love the food and the booths and the parties.  I just love everything about it.
This year the 4th was on a Wednesday and so I decided to take the Thursday and Friday off and make it a long weekend so that we could go and enjoy it at the cabin.  Unfortunately things changed.  Between the Big Hollow fire which was thankfully contained by then and the Seeley fire which was so far away but at the same time so close. We were not able to go up to the cabin.  They had N. Skyline evacuated at one point and then they said that we could take the trailer up but we would have to be ready to evacuate at any time and to us it just wasn't worth it.  We decided to celebrate our holiday at home.
We had such a great time.  Dad called us on the 4th and asked if we would like to bbq with them.  Of course we would.  We love to bbq especially when it means we get to eat dads chicken.  He makes the best chicken and you can't forget mom's baked beans. Yummy!  Grandma and Grandpa came and we had a great time.  That night we just sat out on the front lawn and enjoyed watching all of the fireworks.  Usually we spend a lot of money and buy a lot of fireworks but with all of the fires this year we decided to not buy our own.  We got quite a show.  The next 2 mornings I slept in while the boys went out fishing.  It was great!
We had Cake and Ice Cream for Grandma on Friday night and then went to Shane and Vicki's for sandwiches and cake pops for Brandi's birthday. 
Sunday night we went to Troy and Becky's house for a bbq since Wyatt was in town.  It is always great to see him.  Troy was extremely hung over from his intake of Bacardi the night before and so he was not to sociable even though he was the butt of a lot of the jokes that night.  Kilynn and Brandi of course had to go walk the neighborhood because that is what teenagers do.  Zack and his girlfriend and Casey and Braydn hung out with the rest of us.  TJ decided to nap.  Becky and Candi decided to take each other down that was quite amusing. Wyatt managed to steal Candi's keys to her brand new car and pulled around honking the horn before he went for a ride around the block.  Candi of course ran to the front yard screaming all kinds of profanities at Braydn who she thought was in her car..  We got Kilynn and Alley to leg wrestle.  That was quite a sight.  I think Alley finally won after she grabbed Kilynn by the arm and made her flip over.  I went to sit down in my chair and the chair kept going back until I was flat on my back in the flower bed.  I laughed so had that I was crying.  Believe it or not there was no alcohol involved that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment