Friday, September 23, 2011

Awsome!

So the 1st term of school is halfway over already.  Wow that has gone by way to fast!  Braydn has decided that he would like to try out for baseball.  We attended the mandatory meeting on Tuesday to find out that he new field is only 80% finished and that the kids need to do fundraisers right now to get the money to finish the field.  This is fine except that tryouts are not until the end of Feb.  Obviously not everyone makes the team and so after all of the hard work raising money it would sure be a kick in the butt to not make the team.  I guess you just have to think of it in a different way.  You helped contribute to the field and the school!

We had our first parent teachers conferences this week as well.  We had Braydn's on Wednesday which went really well.  He has all A's with a couple of A-'s which he is going to turn to A's.  His teachers all love him and say he is a great kid other then his math teacher who pulled up his grade and actually told us that he was surprised that he had such a good grade.  WTF really?  Who says that?
I have done so much stressing and worrying about sending Kilynn to Jr. High.  I didn't think she would like it and it would be to overwhelming for her.  She has totally surprised me. She loves it.  She has great teachers and as of right now she has a 4.0 GPA.  I am so excited.  She was very upset with me because I made her miss 1 class to go to a dentist appointment and that screwed up her perfect attendance.  She is also back in dance.  She decided to cut out a couple of classes this year because she wants to have a bit of a social life. lol.  She now only dances 3 days a week and helps teach 2 days a week.  She is doing another solo this year.  I am really excited to see it.
It sounds like I may have to sell a kidney to be able to pay for all of this stuff but I have decided it is so worth it.  It keeps the kids busy and out of trouble and they are both really good at what they do!  I love my kids and I love my hubby who is so supportive and makes sure that he attends everything that they do.  He doesn't realize it but it means a lot to them that he does.  We do need to work on the complaining about money part of it though our kids are worth every penny we spend on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment