Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blogging

So I have taken a lot of time lately to read many of my friends blogs. Along the way I have found that a lot of people only blog about food, scrap books or other crafty things and the fact that it drives them crazy that others just use a blog as a bragging tool and not something to post things that happen in the day to day life. I decided that I would try to stay away from using it just as a bragging tool for a while and try to find some boring day to day stuff to write about but I have come to the conclusion that bragging about what a wonderful family and friends I have makes me a much happier person and really I don't think that my life is so boring after all.
Since I have come to that conclusion I have given myself permission to once again to brag about my son.
His science teacher asked him and 2 other kids in the class to come and talk to him in the hall for a minute. Of course the first thing that goes through a class clowns mind is, Oh great. What did I do now. Once they got in the hall he gave them all a packet of papers and told them that he thought they were all amazing students and that he thought they should seriously consider applying for the honors program at Provo High next year. The papers included the instructions, a page for a 4 paragraph essay saying why they thought they should be accepted in to this program, an application form with room for 3 references to go along with all of the extra curricular activities they do and what kind of community service they have done, 2 sheets for teachers to fill out saying if they thought this student should or shouldn't be accepted and why. The forms from the teachers are supposed to be folded and placed in a sealed envelope to be turned in with the rest of the forms.
If he is accepted in to this program then he can graduate High school with an Associates degree. He is so excited.
DNR you better be ready and have an opening for a fish and game warden in 4 years! I have the best kids ever! Both of them really make me proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment