Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Time

The count down is on! There are 16 days until Christmas. I don't know why but this year I am really in the spirit. The snow managed to hold off long enough for us to get our yard decorations up. When we did get snow we got quite a bit. 8 inches to be exact. We are finished shopping which is a huge weight off of our shoulders. I am just trying to figure out what we bought because we sure spent a ton of money but don't have a lot to show for it. lol. My kids aren't getting a ton this year. I really wanted to just get them each 1 thing in hopes that they would learn the true meaning of Christmas but then I started feeling like such a horrible mother and so needless to say they are not getting a ton of stuff but they are getting enough.
I think that I can honestly say that if I didn't get anything for Christmas I would be ok with it. I just love Christmas because of the lights, the food, and because it seems like I get to spend a whole lot more time with my family. I have decided that although everyone thinks it is such a terrible thing that we do not see our family and friends more through out the year there is a reason for it. That way when the holiday season rolls around and we do get to see them it means a lot more to us!
My kids are both doing great in school and Braydn has found a new love. Trapping. I now have 3 dead muskrats in my garage. He says he is going to make a lot of money by doing it and I am not going to stop him because it is keeping him out of trouble! Kilynn is working hard on her solo and I LOVE it. Her and Madison make up new dances every weekend hoping to get one that they can perform together at the competition at Provo High this year. I am just trying to figure out a costume for the solo that she is already doing. Terrance was nominated by Orem City for Operator of the year which is apparently a huge thing. Each city nominates one employee and that person goes up against all of the other city's. I am happy because that means that he has to get a hair cut! Me and Gizmo are still selling atv trailers although it has slowed right down for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment