Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kilynn's 11th Birthday







I was so proud of myself this year. I actually did some planning in advance. I made a cute collage of dance pictures and had all of her friends and family write cute little notes to her and I cut them all out and pasted them around the picture and framed it. I planned a surprise party for her friends and their moms to all come over and get their toe nails done by a cute friend of mine who is going to school for it. Our neighbor Mikel came over and fixed us dinner on Monday night and helped Kilynn make some fancy cup cakes for the party that she didn't even know she was having.
I got up on Tuesday morning and asked her if she wanted to go to work with me and I would take her to either breakfast or lunch. Her choice and of course she chose lunch since she is not a huge breakfast fan. We got to work and I went out in the warehouse to get some stuff done and she came out with that glazed look in her eyes and told me that she had a really bad headache. I knew we had better call the Dr because I was sure it was a case of strep. I hit that nail on the head. I was hoping that the Dr. would say get her on her antibiotics and go on with the party even though I knew she wouldn't. I mentioned the party and she just said "well, I know you aren't going to like what I have to say but you are very contagious for 24 hours and you need sleep so go home and sleep." It was a good thing I cancelled the party anyway because she was in no condition to party at all. Lucky for us the boys went shooting and so her and I sat home and watched Twilight and snuggled. She finally started getting a little life back in to her late Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment