Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I hope you have children just like you!

When a mother says to her child "I hope you have children just like you!" Do you think she really means it or do you think that she just says it out of anger?  I have decided that I will not say it to my children because I do not want to pass the curse on.
Braydn has chosen to do wrestling this year.  I was ok with it.  I figured it had to be better than foot ball.  I was wrong.  After going to a few of the matches and seeing the blood, tears and other injuries I am wondering what in the heck I was thinking.  The good thing is that he is really loving it.  It is really hard to watch him when he looses because he gets so down on himself and he says that I only make it worse by trying to comfort him by telling him he did a good job.  Talk about a slap in the face.  He has always loved having his mom right there for him and now he doesn't even want us to come and watch his matches.
I am just so torn because he is trying to juggle all of his honors / AP classes, a job, wrestling, and trapping and I am not sure it is working out for him.  He is failing 5 of his classes right now.  When ever I ask him about it I get the same answer.  "Mom, I have talked to the teachers and turned all of the assignments in but they just haven't got them in to the computer yet."  Well I certainly hope this is the truth.  I am so afraid he is taking on to much but the only thing that he wants to get out of is his honors classes and that is the one thing that I know he would regret in the future.  I sure regret giving them up!


No comments:

Post a Comment