Tuesday, February 7, 2012
The love of my life!
It was funny, Terrance went in to the bank the other day and was talking to one of our friends who mentioned that someday she would see our pictures in the paper advertising our 50th wedding anniversary. I'm sure it is true even though we have a loooong way to go before we hit 50 years. A lot of people ask us how we do it. One thing that I have noticed is that a lot of our friends who were high school sweethearts that got married and nobody ever thought it would last are the ones who have made it so far! I think the trick is adapting to change! Everybody changes over time. Since T and I got married I have started hunting and I have even got him to go to the Opera with me. lol. Now that the kids are older and have such busy schedules T and I get to spend even more time together which I love! Tuesday nights are now our date nights since the kids have Scouts and Young Women's. Thursday night we have now made our BINGO night. Yes friends I did say BINGO and yes we are pretty much the youngest ones there and yes we actually have a ton of fun! Friday's we go out to dinner as a family. We very seldom ever make any "plans" for anything. We just go with the flow which seems to be why we do not eat many home cooked meals. Besides the fact that I am no Betty Crocker! I believe that each person has to be a little flexible and I think that if you do you might surprise yourself and actually enjoy doing things you don't normally do. Actually listen to your spouse and when they say things that you don't agree with just keep it to yourself. It doesn't mean that they are defeating you in any way. Enjoy the I love yous and the kisses good night and don't tell yourself that it is just because they want something from you or it is just routine. They most likely really mean it! Eat together, laugh together, tease each other a little bit. Stare at them for a while and when they look over to see what you are doing just give them a smile and a wink! It is the little things that count the most!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment