Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gee... It has been a while. I guess I just haven't had anything to write about lately. It is already October and as my friend pointed out today there are only a handful of checks left until Christmas. Guess getting started on shopping would be a grand idea. It is just to bad that I really despise shopping. Now if I had a few thousand dollars to spend it might be a different story. :)
The deer hunt is about over. Braydn only has the Rifle hunt left and then we will be putting the trailer away for winter. I keep thinking that Summer might stick around a bit longer because my garden is still doing really well and I just noticed yesterday that I have all sorts of new buds on my squash and zucchini plants. I am even still getting a few tomatoes. Then I have flash backs of last weekend up at the cabin where the leaves were all changing and falling from the trees and you even have to run your heater at night just long enough to take the chill out of the air. It is just so beautiful this time of year that it is almost hard to say that I really do not like the winter that follows shortly behind.
One thing I have on my long list of "to do's" for fall is to take some family photo's I am procrastinating so well right now that that just might be another one of those things that will remain on the list for next year. lol.
Kilynn is back in dance and doing so well. She absolutely loves it. They came to her and asked her to do pointe ballet which is a real compliment. She was so excited she used her birthday money this year and bought the shoes and paid for a few months of dance herself. She has also been doing really well at helping me to save for the costumes and the hip hop class that she is taking. Their first performance this year is November 20th. I can not wait! She is also working on her solo which is going to be a lyrical this year being done to the song Fallen by Sarah McLachlan. Adrianne will be helping her with her solo again this year because she did such a wonderful job touching up the solo that Kilynn had choreographed last year. They really made a great team!
Braydn has been trying to get in to trapping and so far the only thing he has caught is a cat. Thank goodness it was ok and they were able to turn it loose again. He has also been out riding horses and helping grandpa haul hay and do something exciting with calf's. (Not quite sure exactly what they did to them.) They also went out duck hunting but were not able to get anything there either. One of these days his luck will turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment