State was a lot of fun. They had 2 games on Tuesday which meant that I got to have him in Lehi at 8:00 in the morning to check equipment in for the first game which started at 9.
The deal was that I would be there for the first game and then T would be able to get off of work to be there for the second game so that I could go to work.
The first game went really well. We won!! T only called about 50 times to get an update from me on the game. Afterwords the kids and I went to lunch. T called to let us know that he didn't think he would be able to make it to the second game because things were just to crazy at work and so I stayed.
We lost our second game and then won our third which meant we got to move on to single elimination. Yeah...
Of course the first team we got to play was a Lehi team. I was not worried at all. The umps we had this whole time were awesome. They really knew their stuff and they were very consistent. We had our great pitchers and our team was looking good!
The game started off terrible. I am not sure what happened but they came to us and told us if our pitcher moved his hips any more while on the mound they would call a balk. The same pitcher had pitched in all 3 of the other games and there never seemed to be a problem before. The pitcher for the other team balked a very plain as day balk and never got called on it but our player received an out because of it. We had another player slide to third obviously safe before the other team even had possession of the ball yet they called us out! Well, needless to say our coach got thrown out of the game and the guy that was over the whole thing just told us that his umps were not favoring the other team and if that was the case it would be just like saying that the Provo umps were favoring the Provo team. It was such a bad deal. I am sure we would have lost anyway but it would have been nice to loose playing a fair team.
Anyway it was fun and in the end the Padre's are having an adult vs kids ball game and bbq since they had such a great season and they invited Braydn to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment