Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Life update.

I couldn't wait for summer to arrive so that we could actually enjoy life for a while.  Not sure what in the hell I was thinking.  After we got home from our cruise we found out that my brother in law has cancer in his foot and his best option is amputation.  Of course he was not thrilled about that but he had it done and he is doing extremely well.  I think he has really learned who his real friends are too.  Everyone has really come together and helped him out with everything.  Enough money was even earned to put a new shower in for him! 
Kilynn made JV Cheer this year and so we had cheer practice at 6 every morning.  Not to mention dance Monday - Friday.  Only made it to the cabin once before the deer hunt.  Thankfully I make sure that my calendar is clear during the month of August.
We celebrated our 17th anniversary together and Kilynn turned 15.  It turned out to be a crappy birthday for her and I feel really bad about it.  I will be sure to make up for it next year on her sweet 16!.
My world has been shifted this year.  Kilynn practiced hard last year so that she could make Tour Team at the studio.  Tour team is a group of the top dancers in the studio.  They get to perform an extra dance at the competitions and go to a few extra conventions.. She says that is where she learns the most and she just loves attending them.  Of course she made the team and was so thrilled.  Jer promised that even with her doing cheer at the high school we would make it work.  I was skeptical but figured if she was willing to work with her than I would let her do it.
After a few weeks Jer sent me a text and wanted to talk.  We then agreed that Kilynn would just do Tour Team and not Company.  That would be a little less stress for her. She attended the choreography camp and learned the dance and was in heaven!   Of course when you think everything is going great someone has to go and mess it all up for you.  One of the other dance mom's confronted Jer and told her that she was favoring Kilynn because the rest of the girls didn't have the option of just doing Tour Team and not Company.  Of course I get another text from Jerica.  This time she basically said that Kilynn could no longer be on the team.  I knew I should have just gone with my first instinct and told Kilynn that she was not dancing if she chose cheer but dancing is her dream and has been since she was 5 years old. 

     We took the trailer up to Fairview and stayed on the opening weekend of the archery hunt.  Braydn killed his first cow elk.  I was really proud of him.  I was of course the worried momma sending my son alone in to a dark canyon at 4 in the morning with just a bow and arrows for protection.  I did feel better knowing that he had a trail camera set up in that canyon for weeks before hand and never did have any pictures of bear or mountain lion or anything like that.  Plus I knew right where he was.  I went out and did my hunting while T took Shane out in the truck.  I passed up on 3 small bucks since it was only opening morning and I did get one last year.  After that Troy and I went to the canyon where Braydn was to see if he was still there.  I glassed the canyon for a few minutes trying to decide if I should hike down in to it and find him or just wait for him to come back to camp.  About that time he came walking up out of the canyon with blood smeared across his face.  He looked at us and said he needed help.  I got excited knowing that he must have been successful.  We all rode back to camp and got dad and Dustin to come and help us.  We didn't have to go far before we found her.  Braydn had made the perfect shot.  Right through both of her lungs and part of the heart.  Dad immediately went to work and told me to go find the rest of the boys because we were going to need more help.  I finally got a hold of Terrance and Shane and had them come find us.  Braydn came back out and went to find the sheep herder but he was not available so he went and found one of the Minor boys that was willing to come and help.  After hours and hours they finally got the elk out of that canyon.  They did have to leave the ribs and the tree stand behind with her head.  Braydn said he would be back for the ivory's.  A couple of weeks later he finally made it back to get his tree stand and the ivory's but something had found the head and drug it off.  As they were walking they found one of the ivory's laying on the trail.  Luck!
Terrance finally got a buck on our long weekend.  He also made a great shot and we didn't have to go far to find his little 2 point buck.  I however am still unsuccessful.  I really am having a great time.  Especially since this year Kilynn has been able to come and hunt with us.  There is nothing I love more than spending time at the cabin with my whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment